Friday 20 September 2013

Introduction


My name is Callum Heard, I am 16 years old and am currently attending Bramcote Hills College 6th Form as an A level student. I believe my media consumption is average when compared to others as I watch little TV and only see films occasionally; however, like many young teenagers in my generation I consume vast amounts over the internet through social media. The social media sites of preference for me would be: YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and although it is not a website as such the PlayStation3 console is a source of media in my life. Other than this I also occasionally read tabloid newspapers which I believe suit my personal media consumption better than that of broadsheet newspapers. My preferred newspapers are The Sun and The Daily Star; this would be because the language is less formal and has a more light-hearted feel to it.  My favourite form of media would be printed media in the form of fictional books; some of my favourite authors are Garth Nix, J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan and Derek Landy. This would be because my favourite genre is mythical/magical. I decided to pick media because it interests me and I would like to know more about how media affects us in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment